Wednesday, August 04, 2004

I caught myself saying "aboot" yesterday in a non-ironical way

So yes, I have arrived in Montreal, and it is every bit as screamin'-ass cool as I had been told. The city and its women are beautiful, it's easy to get around and not too massive, and there's a refreshing dearth of things like Starbucks and uptight commuters and fat people.

I'll have more detailed and insightful commentary eventually, but for now enjoy the first of many amusing links from the Canadian press.

Hey, I can't defend Coors Light under any circumstances. I hope Kid Rock reads this and can offer an illuminating rebuttal. Hell, if he writes complete sentences I'll be impressed.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, August 05, 2004 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This story came aboot about a week ago and it kinda depressed me. I still won't drink "the silver bullet," but I dunno if I can drink Canadian with the same fervor either. Sigh.

On a side note, I just learned that there is a Fucillo Auto Mall opening in the San Fernando Valley, and yes, the ad features a latina speaking in Spanish while Fucillo says "HUUUUUUUUUGE." The apocalypse is coming.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home