Sunday, January 21, 2007

Montreal moment

Last night it was about -15 degrees C, and I bravely (or foolishly) decided to go for a walk. 'Twas most unpleasant. The wind gave me the tears and I could actually feel the frost attaching itself to my beard.

A guy on the street stops me and asks for a light... not because he wanted to have a smoke, but because his car key was too cold to open his doors. I happened to have a dinky lighter on me, but it wheezed and sputtered in the wind and after about thirty seconds with my glove off I could hardly feel my fingers anymore. It seemed like there was enough of a small flame to do something for the key. I normally would have stuck around to see if the guy was actually successful in getting in, but that would have meant standing without moving for another minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home