Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Teach me, o enlightened one...

Unemployed Man Getting Really Good At Unemployment

"And don't burden others with your sad reality," Higby continued. "I used to complain to my friends that I was bored, but I quickly realized that, after busting their asses at work all week, they don't want to hear it. Now, I talk about 'working hard on my portfolio.'"
--The Onion


I have so much to learn.

----------

I'm also starting to wonder whether or not I just start lying on my CV and saying that my degree was in communications or cultural studies or just "the humanities." Since I'm applying for non-music-related jobs (out of necessity, not necessarily desire), I already feel untouchable because of some scarlet 'M' that musicology has branded on me.

Or maybe I should just go in the opposite direction and promote my esoteric knowledge. I could print business cards that say, "musicologist for every occasion."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home