Thursday, June 24, 2004

various musical commentaries

* Yeah, I know: Alan Cross makes everything sound so simplistic and folksy, but his Ongoing History of New Music series is generally a treat, be it online or on air. Check out the Radiohead series if you're a fan.

* This Times article is disappointingly bland and recycled.

* I'm already salivating over Alex Ross's forthcoming book, The Rest Is Noise: Listening to the Twentieth Century, which he describes as "a history of the twentieth century which happens to have music as its subject." In the meantime, I'm entertained by his blog.

* Some interesting commentaries from the blog of NewMusicBox contributor Greg Sandow on the classical music world's search for a younger audience. I'm not sure how I feel about the "Concert Companion", but it's worth experimenting with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home