Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I read the news today, oh boy...

I definitely did not want to get out of bed this morning for reasons that had nothing to do with classes.

I'm kind of at a loss for words about the election right now. Not sure things have fully sunken in yet.

So I spent Election Night watching the one scratchy American channel I can pick up with my antenna. My apartment was infested with a half dozen Canadians who were both comforting and bit mocking. Maybe I scoffed at someone's proposal last week that Canada should be able to vote in the US election, but now I'm trying to calculate how many electoral college votes they'd get for 31 million people. Fifty-first state, indeed.

At least Jon Stewart was broadcast live on CTV. Al Sharpton has nary been funnier. And at least I had plenty of liquor in me last night. We are now projecting that Jaegermeister has won a permanent seat in my freezer.

I know, I know. I'll still be living in Canada for the next four or five years and blissfully (but only partly) removed from the worst of W. But I feel embarrassed right now. Afraid to look Canadians in the eye and say yeah I can't believe it either I'm sorry for my idiot countrymen whywhywhywhy etc.

But at least the election's been settled. Now I can go back to the serious debates, like who's the Greatest Canadian.

5 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, November 04, 2004 , Blogger Matt said...

Poutine once a week? Are you trying to kill me? I know I can work off some of the calories with hot gay sex, but that cholesterol will do me in.

 
At 1:31 PM, November 04, 2004 , Blogger Matt said...

(taken from an email forward that my sister sent me. I haven't seen the bilingual version yet.)

Oh Canada!
Can I come stay with you?
Bush just won
And I'm feeling kind of blue
So I'll leave this land
To be in better hands
Of the Canucks I love so dear
We can watch the Leafs
And play some hockey
And drink lots of beer
So Canada!
What do you say?
Can I come up and stay with you today?
Oh Canada!
Can I come up and stay? Eh?

 
At 12:52 AM, July 21, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://lxbekxjr.com/zmyi/oexr.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://wpvjgmyr.com/oory/kemb.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 12:52 AM, July 21, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 12:52 AM, July 21, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://lxbekxjr.com/zmyi/oexr.html | http://epsyaoqk.com/fzhw/bpkp.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home